Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own morality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden of end of life choices and ensure your wishes are carried out. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your death. We can coordinate a payment plan that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing whether they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds may be refunded to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral.. These plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What You Can Do In Advance
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (traditional religious, military, life celebration)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Select your pallbearers, music, or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Togetherness - A family can make choices and decisions together, saving each other heartache, expense and inconvenience.
- Satisfaction - On a pre-need basis, decisions about funeral and cremation services can be discussed by all family members, ensuring everyone’s satisfaction.
- Price Guarantee - Inflation over the last five decades has been close to 5% therefore the cost of funeral services will likely continue to increase. Advance planning allows the costs to be guaranteed at today’s prices.
- Conserve Insurance - Life insurance is for the living, not the deceased. Most life insurance is purchased to allow a family time to adjust to the loss of income that a death causes. If pre-arrangements are not made, a large amount of insurance proceeds can be spent on funeral and cemetery needs adding financial burdens to loved ones left behind.
- Payments - Funeral and cemetery costs are expenses every individual must plan to pay. These needs can be met today out of current income through affordable payments whereas payment in full is expected at the time of need.
- Peace of Mind - When a death occurs in any family or among friends, the grief is tremendous and the healing time very long. Pre-planning will have a positive impact on your family and friends simply because you have made your own decisions. This peace of mind provides benefits far beyond the dollars spent.